At Soap Folk, we create beautiful handmade products, designed to be used and loved. We always aim to work in the best interests of people and the planet, inspired by our core values of creativity and kindness
- Use certified organic ingredients in our skincare products wherever possible
- Work only with natural, biodegradable ingredients
- Avoid all use of Palm oil and its derivatives
- Make our soaps by hand, using a traditional cold process technique in our Stroud based workshop
- Collaborate with skilled artisan makers and producers
- Follow the principle of reduce, reuse and recycle across the product lifecycle
- Listen to our customers. to make it easy for them to talk to us, give feedback and champion the values which matter to them
Highlights from 2020
Here's some recent things we've done to improve our sustainability
From working with acclaimed potter, Tom Knowles Jackson on a series of soap dishes, to the sustainable florist Amberley Meadow providing seasonal interest for our shop dresser.
More options for safe deliveries for our local community, including a click and collect direct from the workshop to free deliveries to local residents during lockdown.
What we want to do in 2021
More Local Ingredients
Source more local natural ingredients to use in our soaps and skincare products to enable more transparency and cut our carbon footprint
Carbon Free Deliveries
Work with a local social enterprise to deliver orders within the community on electric bikes
Start our B-Corp journey by measuring our impact on our workers, community, environment, and customers.
More Ideas & Practical Tips
Develop more blogs and resources for our website to provide inspiration and practical tips to lead a more sustainable lifestyle